Dr. Locknane helps individuals Move With Life, by providing accurate diagnosis and guidance of thoughtful, cost-conscious care.
Locknane Athletic Medicine offers specialist-level care within athletic and musculoskeletal medicine. While Dr. Locknane maintains his board certification as a family physician, he does not presently practice primary care in this clinic setting. He has practiced athletic and musculoskeletal medicine since completion of his sports medicine fellowship at the University of Washington in 1999. Dr. Locknane established his solo practice in early 2006 following seven years of group orthopedic and sports medicine practice within the Evergreen Hospital and Eastside community.
- Optimize patient understanding of pathology and treatment options
- Timely return to function following injury
As a Sports Physician Dr. Locknane:
- Guides diagnostic work-up and treatment of active, sport-related and other musculoskeletal injury
- Works with patients to optimize conservative/non-operative management of degenerative arthritis
As a Proceduralist Dr. Locknane:
- Completes corticosteroid and viscosupplementation injections
- Administers plasma injection therapy for tendon pathology, when clinically appropriate
Dr Locknane also works integrally with local primary care physicians, surgeons, radiologists, physiatrists, and therapists.
What to Expect
- Time spent with Dr. Locknane learning about anatomy and physiology/function of injury
- Emphasis on non-operative healing
- Strong ability to differentiate operative vs. non-operative situations
- Professional and courteous staff that respects each patient’s individual concerns
The office in Downtown Bothell is complete with two exam/procedure rooms and onsite x-ray.
Dr. Locknane spends upward of 40% of his time as a physician assisting local Eastside orthopedic surgeons on cases including but not limited to:
- Joint replacement
- Fracture fixation
- Ligament reconstruction
- Rotator cuff and other tendinous repair
- Shoulder stabilization
- Spinal decompression and fusions
Dr. Locknane enjoys the surgical aspect of his work. The opportunity to work with gifted colleagues on challenging cases provides continuous learning that improves his clinical acumen. This learning enables Dr. Locknane to optimize conservative management of musculoskeletal injury and disease, as well as his understanding of when operative intervention is appropriate.